Chelation Therapy is now available at Salerno Wellness at the SportsPlex Center in Fairfield, CT. A procedure used to remove heavy metals from the body, Chelation Therapy is a clinically recognized process of detoxification through the use of special chelating agents.
What is Chelation Therapy?
Approved by the FDA for the removal of lead, Calcium EDTA chelation (also known as ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) is a chelating amino acid substance that binds lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, and other toxic metals.
Calcium EDTA chelation is administered intravenously and the substance searches for minerals and metals to excrete them the body through the urine, skin, liver, colon, kidneys, and sweat detoxification pathways.
There are many causes of heavy metal toxicity which include having mercury amalgams (tooth fillings), living in a home surrounded by lead-based paint, smoking or being exposed to secondhand smoke, eating contaminated foods (such as fish, processed foods, water), working in a toxic environment (chemicals, solvents, cleaning products).
Symptoms of Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Chronic pain throughout the muscles and tendons or any soft tissues of the body
- Chronic malaise – general feeling of discomfort, fatigue, and illness
- Brain fog – state of forgetfulness and confusion
- Chronic infections such as Candida
- Gastrointestinal complaints, such as diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, heartburn, and indigestion
- Food allergies
- Migraines and/or headaches
- Visual disturbances
- Mood swings, depression, and/or anxiety
- Nervous system malfunctions – burning extremities, numbness, tingling, paralysis, and/or an electrifying feeling throughout the body